Inside Sales Representative - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity
Our Inside Sales Associates are the first point of contact for our potential customers. Consumers and Businesses are contacting us to inquire about activating their cell phones, requesting rates and information on how our service will benefit them, or just comparison shopping. You’ll be able to confidently build rapport and assist them with signing up, saving them significant money, and letting them know that we provide ongoing, excellent customer service.
This is a fast-paced and challenging role. We are looking for self-motivated, passionate, determined, and focused individuals who embrace the challenges that come with signing up multiple new customers each day.
We strive to provide exceptional customer service, extraordinary value and easy to use tools – no exceptions! Our goal is for every customer to leave their interaction with us feeling happy and well informed.
The Inside Sales Rep will be the friendly, helpful, and humble voice of the company for all future customers. You will answer inbound calls, make outbound connections from assigned leads, update customer records, constantly seek to improve your skills and industry knowledge, and most importantly, you will educate our new customers on our outstanding service.
What you’ll be doing:
- Achieve sales goals on a monthly basis via phone and email interactions
- Thoroughly update lead status and prospect interactions in our CRM application
- Contact prospects and customers to let them know about our amazing services
- Deliver extraordinary customer service while compelling customers to sign-up for Ting
A bit about you:
You are fair, you are real, you are clear, you are enthusiastic, you are direct, you are honest, and you are witty. You are a fast learner who retains important details ready to make headway!
- You love helping people save money
- You are passionate about mobile phone service and devices
- You light up when given the chance to tell a story or share your ideas
- You are a team player with a special knack for communicating in a way that makes people feel special
- You are a reliable person that can be counted on each and every day
- You have a knack for using good judgment
- You follow up when you say you will
- You are resourceful and able to figure-out solutions
- You love controlling your own income
- At least 1 year experience in either inside sales, telemarketing, or mobile phone service sales.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Timely follow-through, consistency and a “getting things done” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be quick on your feet and have the ability to adjust your communications to mirror each situation.
- Ability to lead a conversation, and to ask the right questions at the right time is essential.
- Ability to comprehend and retain instructions quickly.
- You are able to provide examples and numbers of prior achievement of sales goals or quotas.
- Telecommunications industry experience is preferred.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.