Learning and Development Specialist - Remote
Remote, Vancouver, BC
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join an agile and high-functioning Learning and Development team!
We’re looking for an experienced adult learning practitioner to join our team as Learning Specialist. Our team vision is to promote a learning culture at Tucows that opens the door to personal and professional growth. While our mission is to offer learning that is accessible and fun, and which challenges the Learning and Development stereotype.
You will partner with various parts of the organization to assess needs, then recommend learning solutions. You’ll also craft, develop, implement, and lead all aspects of training and performance improvement solutions which help us achieve our business objectives. Your responsibilities will be far-reaching and multifaceted. You will not be bored in this role!
Tucows is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of experience and thought. Tucows also makes reasonable accommodations.
- Lead training related projects of various sizes, complexities and timelines
- Act independently under general direction within project objectives to ensure the internal clients’ needs are met and team standards are maintained
- Build relationships with leaders at all levels of our company and gain an understanding of their goals and needs, gain agreement for your ideas and work cross-functionally to launch your learning programs
- Evaluate and select appropriate facilitation and delivery methods for training modules (e-learning, multimedia, workshop, classroom, blended solutions, etc.) utilizing results of a comprehensive needs analysis
- Integrate adult learning principles and instructional design methodologies into training materials
- Design and develop materials such as eLearning courses, presentations, speaker notes, facilitator guides, video/multimedia, job aides and surveys
- Deliver classroom and virtual training, including onboarding of new hires
- Help to craft and grow the learning culture
- Promote the Learning “brand” within the organization
- Push the limits of what our team can do to provide new and exciting learning experiences
The experience & skills you will bring:
- 3-5 years of practical experience in instructional training design, training delivery, facilitation and adult learning development
- Demonstrable track record of leading multiple projects from start to finish in a constantly evolving environment, prioritizing time appropriately to achieve desired business results and learner outcomes.
- Very comfortable with technology, Google G-Suite products (Docs, Sheets, Slides & Forms) and learning new software programs
- Detail oriented, analytical with a strong emphasis on timely follow-through, consistency and “getting things done”
- Ability to communicate sophisticated concepts effectively for a specific audience verbally, graphically and in written format
- Very comfortable dealing with ambiguity, with a constant aim to focus and simplify in all facets of training initiatives
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools, course development and course deployment (experience with Articulate an asset)
Certificate in adult learning, instructional design or relevant field is an asset
Multimedia, animation and/or video production skills are a strong asset
Visual design experience considered an asset
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.