Fiber OSP Technician
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Are you looking for an excellent opportunity in Sandpoint?
We are a dedicated and growing company searching for a new member to join us as we work toward the exciting goal of providing “Crazy Fast Fiber Internet” across multiple markets! As part of a global company, we have a growing national presence with existing operations in several states and plans to expand exponentially!
About the opportunity:
This position is a member of the Sandpoint Fiber Outside Plant Construction team and reports to the local Fiber Deployment Manager.
You will be a contributing member of a dynamic and innovative team performing a variety of construction functions as we build our fiber backbone and deliver world-class internet service to the greater Sandpoint community. This position primarily installs and splices fiber optic cables and closures, as well as resolves system-wide faults and damage.
This is a full time local position with full benefits and generous paid time off.
What you'll be doing:
- Having a dedication to "Safety First" when working with company-supplied tools and driving a company vehicle
- Enjoying positive customer interactions on a regular basis
- Installing and splicing conduit and cable according to provided designs
- Working with Installation Technicians when needed to assist with customer satisfaction
- Participating in meetings and local community events as required
- Participating in the paid on-call rotation
- Completing all other duties assigned by the manager
What you'll bring:
- A positive demeanor and desire to work in an exciting environment
- Ability to learn groundbreaking methods of fiber optic deployment
- Effective personal relation skills which are needed to maintain our outstanding customer service
- Possess a valid driver's license and insurability
- Utility construction experience desirable - knowledge of basic construction procedures is helpful
- FTTx experience preferred - experience with fiber optics is not required, training will be provided
- Ability to identify and remedy service affecting problems
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.