Product Designer - Remote
Remote, Vancouver, BC
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
As a Product Designer at Tucows, you'll join a hardworking design team that believes that we > me. You'll own the end-to-end design process from discovery to the solution and build modern Interfaces for websites, mobile native apps, and control panels.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can transform complexity into intuitive experiences that delight and help people accomplish their tasks. If this sounds like you, get in touch! We'd love to hear from you.
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers, UX Researchers, and other Designers to build modern, intuitive, and accessible interfaces and user experiences for Consumer and B2B products.
- Map user flows, create wireframes, and design informed product features.
- Partner with Researchers to test prototypes and hypotheses with our end-users and champion for their needs.
- Work with Engineers to ensure what we ship matches what we craft.
- Make informed decisions by translating quantitive and qualitative insights into design solutions that balance user needs and business objectives.
- Facilitate discovery workshops and present ideas and insights to cross-functional partners.
- Maintain design consistency by working with our design system (and help us expand and evolve it).
- Be proactive about improving the user experience of our products.
- Champion for accessibility and building for diverse audiences.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in product design or UX.
- You thrive in ambiguity and love solving complex problems.
- An organized and proactive self-starter.
- A good speaker and presenter who shares their processes and ideas to reach alignment with the team.
- You have a positive personality and an outstanding ability to form productive relationships within an organization.
- Experience designing for B2B products is a plus.
- Proficient with Figma (of course).
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.