Creative Director - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
We’re looking for a Creative Director to lead our newly formed in-house creative agency. We believe that we > me and deeply care for the people we design for and work with. Reporting to the VP of Design, you will lead a hardworking team of graphic designers, content writers, project managers, and multimedia producers to drive the creative strategy for marketing campaigns and initiatives across the Tucows businesses (Ting Internet, Domains wholesale, Hover, and the Tucows employer brand).
The ideal candidate is an inspiring leader and mentor with a background in content and/or marketing who’s led world-class in-house creative teams to award-winning status. They will bring a strong creative vision, the ability to form positive relationships, and a track record of delivering business results and quality creative work.
This is a new role and an outstanding chance to create an impact within a growing, publicly-traded, 800 million dollar company.
About the role
- Lead our internal creative agency in crafting impactful creative campaigns, brand content, and design solutions.
- Work with marketing and product leaders to deliver innovative creative strategies that meet and exceed business objectives.
- Mentor a cross-discipline creative team and encourage an environment of openness, accountability, and innovation.
- Protect the integrity of our brands by crafting and implementing brand guidelines.
- Handle timelines, priorities, and creative briefs to ensure projects are successful and completed on time and on budget.
- Partner with external agencies/contractors.
- Align with marketing roadmaps and ensure the successful delivery of volume and quality.
- Ensure each project starts with an excellent brief.
- Nurture and grow creative talent and highlight individuals and their accomplishments.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading outstanding creative teams
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Journalism, Design, English, Advertising, or a related field
- A portfolio and/or website featuring your best work
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to provide constructive feedback
- A respectful people person who excels at building trust and problem solving
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- An experienced presenter and speaker
- Proven ability to guide and support content writers
- A positive, dynamic leader who's known to motivate others
- An empathic listener and champion for diversity and inclusion
If this sounds like you, get in touch! We'd love to hear from you.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.