Culver City, CA
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
- Primary receiver for new shipments
- Required to conduct End of Month inventory reconciliations with the Finance team (report on new inventory, usage and closing counts)
- Required to keep accurate records of inventory at all times through the company chosen tool
- Maintain routine cycle counts of inventory, focusing on more critical items more frequently
- Required place replenishment orders for low inventory based on MIN/MAX thresholds for SKUs requiring ongoing replenishment
- Oversight for used and spare storage at your site, make sure sufficient storage available for new goods
- Insure an accurate storage system/methodology is in place (organized, labelled & efficient use of space)
- Insuring used storage is not overridden by aged inventory through identifying and working with partners to plan disposition
- Driving a forklift both in the warehouse and for receipt of inbound deliveries
- May be required to coordinate transport of materials between warehouses from time to time
- Knowing who and working in partnership with key departments (Procurement, Field Operations, Construction, etc.)
- Any other duties that make sense in the role of Inventory Specialist as the position evolves
A bit about you:
- Class V (5) Forklift certification required and to be maintained/renewed annually
- Prior experience handling construction and computer related inventory a must
- Strong organizational and planning skills a must
- Microsoft Office or Google G-Suite experience important
- Ability to prioritize in contending duties
- Works well independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good listening and customer management skills
- Positive minded demeanor, friendly disposition
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.