Product Manager, Ting Internet - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity
We believe very strongly in the power of the Internet to drive positive change. In 2012, Ting shook up the mobile industry by offering fair pricing, delightful user interfaces and shockingly non-phone-company-like customer support. Fast forward to the present and Ting topping $43M in gross margin.
Continuing this upward trajectory, we have been investing millions in fiber networks and partnering with towns across the US to change what Americans expect from their Internet service and, as important, from their Internet service provider. Today we're offering crazy fast fiber Internet in over a dozen US towns and cities. We're thinking at scale and driving for 10x in everything we do. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for a world-class product manager who’ll work across teams to build products people care about. In this role, you will:
- Own the product roadmap and prioritization for a product, major feature, or service.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture and further push Ting toward modern product practices based on data and customer needs.
- Deliver high-quality products for internal and external users today while always looking to the future.
- Improve and expand your skills driven by an unbridled desire to learn about new technologies and processes.
- Partner across the company with design, engineering, content and communications, marketing, customer service, and field operations.
A bit about you
- A communicator with a proven track record of impacting stakeholders through modern product thinking.
- Technical knowledge of web, mobile, native, and data-first product practices.
- Always seeking new knowledge and innovative approaches.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment obsessed with user needs and business impact.
- Bring new perspective and creative problem solving.
- At home with both technical types and business partners.
- Capable of building effective frameworks to aid discussion and comprehension of complex topics.
- Active listener who has a knack for knowing when to proactively share and offer context.
- Skilled at operating in a relatively flat, cross-functional organization, full of collaboration with many different fields.
- A deep understanding of the US Telecom space and bullish on what fiber can accomplish in rural America.
- Caring deeply about delivering on our brand promise and are excited to immerse yourself in our culture
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.