QA Automation Developer-1 year Contract-Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced QA Automation Developer to ensure anything we ship to our customers is of highest quality, through a combination of manual and automated testing. You’ll be part of a growing team that is building our next generation fiber platform. The platform offers a robust API for provisioning and managing hardware on our fiber network and integrates with many other services and tools that power our business. These capabilities allow us to differentiate and scale our Ting business.
Ideally, you are comfortable working at scale on dozens of interdependent components across multiple environments. You are also capable of troubleshooting build failures and working closely with Ops to resolve them. You keep yourself up to date with the latest QA Automation trends. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in code reviews and design discussions. In addition to the above, you are nimble and able to remain effective when priorities shift
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Exploratory manual testing of applications and application features
- Building and maintaining automated test suites.
- Production support activities including troubleshooting and resolving problems
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience in test automation, including frameworks such as cucumber
- Test planning and execution on an Agile team
- Experience running complicated test scenarios, load and performance testing
- Experience with Exploratory testing methods
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a linux environment
- May be required to be part of an on-call rotation
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Knowledge of fiber networks a plus
- Knowledge of popular design/development patterns
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.