NOC Engineer - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a NOC Engineer to join our Monitoring & Mitigation Team. Our Monitoring Team is the first to react to new incidents; you will identify, repair, communicate, and raise ongoing issues and see them through to resolution.
This is a completely Remote opportunity within Canada and USA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support a highly available, highly secure production environment running on Linux and Windows using open source and proprietary applications
- Set standards and define detailed processes for effectively handling a production environment with minimal downtime
- Perform daily monitoring and maintenance of all hardware/software infrastructure components
- Provide application and product support and troubleshooting of the Tucows platform
- Participate in a rotating 12h shift
- Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures to effectively routine incidents
Experience you’ll bring:
- Be proactive and predictive, tackle problems before they happen
- Embrace DevOps practices & methodologies
- Carefully plan application deployments, migrations, and upgrades to minimize service impacts
- 3+ years of Linux/Unix experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting highly available and fault-tolerant systems
- 2+ years of experience configuring servers on enterprise-grade networks
- 2+ years of Virtualization experience
- 2+ years of Cloud technologies experience
- 2+ Networking experience (Ex. TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, load-balancers)
- A strong problem solver by applying problem analysis methodologies
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Strong Documentation skills to create standard operating procedures for other NOC team members to follow
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.