Fiber Deployment Technician
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Are you looking for an excellent opportunity in Sandpoint?
We are an upbeat and growing team searching for a new member to join us as we work toward the exciting goal of providing “Crazy Fast Fiber Internet” across multiple markets! As part of a global company, we have a growing national presence with existing operations in several states and plans to expand exponentially!
About the opportunity:
This position is a member of the Sandpoint fiber installation and service team and reports to the local Fiber Deployment Manager.
You will be a contributing member of a dynamic and innovative team performing daily scheduled customer installations and service calls and building our fiber backbone to deliver world-class internet service to the greater Sandpoint community. This position primarily installs equipment and cabling at the customer premises and educates the customer about the service we provide as well as troubleshoot and repair problems if necessary.
This is a full time local position with full benefits and generous paid time off.
What you'll be doing:
- Having a dedication to "Safety First" when working with company-supplied tools and driving a company vehicle
- Enjoying positive customer interactions on a regular basis
- Assessing different installation scenarios, and resolving the most efficient method, approach and equipment required
- Working indoors and outdoors, on the ground or on a ladder, in attics or crawlspaces as needed
- Working with OSP Technicians when needed for fiber construction or restoration efforts
- Ensuring all required materials for installation and maintenance are accurately checked out from Inventory
- Participating in meetings and local community events as required
- Participating in the paid on-call rotation
- All other duties assigned by the manager
What you'll bring:
- A positive demeanor and desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn groundbreaking methods of fiber optic deployment
- Effective interpersonal skills which are needed to maintain our outstanding customer service
- Possess a valid driver's license and insurability
- Telecom or data wiring experience desirable - knowledge of basic home construction is useful
- FTTx experience preferred - experience with fiber optics is not required, training will be provided
- Capability to work with multiple team members and business partners in real time
- Ability to identify and remedy service affecting problems
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.