Inventory Operations Manager - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity:
As the Inventory Operations Manager, you play a vital role in handling the overall Inventory within the Ting Internet business. This job entails forecasting ahead for Inventory demands, proactively procuring surplus and insuring there are no inventory runouts.
This is a completely remote position anywhere within USA.
- Forecasting demand for future inventory demand in alignment with annual budgets, local site capacity, actual consumptions rates and more
- Being the authoritative source for critical inventory SKUs that require replenishing per local city and the consumption rates for each
- Running the local Inventory Manager team members and working with each to stay ahead of forecasted demand & growth
- Creating and/or updating inventory management procedures and processes to be standardized & consistent across all sites
- Working with local team members regarding physical storage capacity and capacity pressures related to storage needs for new material orders and finding solutions
- Participate in order requests for inventory and potentially as a backup for procurement
- Involved with admin & upkeep of the Procurement/Inventory tool
- Knowing who and working in partnership with key departments (Field Operations, Project Management, Finance, etc.)
A bit about you:
- At least 5 years prior experience an Inventory Manager for a multi-site organization
- Lengthy prior experience with inventory forecasting & operational analysis
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Proven ability for critical thought and to think creatively
- Being a phenomenal teammate a must
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.