Senior Manager, Field Enablement
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Are you ready to become a part of an energetic and growing team with the expansion of "Crazy Fast Fiber Internet" service across the U.S.? The Senior Manager of Field Enablement is a national responsibility leading and managing small teams of specialists across the sectors of Business Process and Best Practices, Communications and Change Management, Business Continuity Planning and Safety and Technical Training.
Business Process and Best Practices:
The ideal person will be responsible for redefining our team into a process minded, yet forward-thinking, organization. Key area of responsibilities include:
- New and existing process development and process assurance.
- Creation and maintenance of process library including ongoing process improvements.
- Operational best practices with systems & process alignment.
Communications and Change Management:
As a senior leader of this team, you will play an integral role in fostering a culture of willingness and trust within the team. You will lead by example in meeting commitments and appropriately sharing and clarifying information to guide solutions and actions across functions and teams. Below are some key areas of focus for this team:
- OKR - Operating key results - Create alignment, track progress, encourage engagement.
- Corporate liaison to operations for go to market initiatives.
- Documentation & prepared communications.
- Change management - Process, systems and people.
- Cultural transformation; preserve the creative spirit of entrepreneurialism while scaling the business and adding significant resource and structure.
Business Continuity Planning:
The leader will build Ting’s business continuity strategy and supervise the implementation of the framework and policies ongoing. We’re seeking someone with a passion to successfully build programs from the ground up. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining the following:
- Risk management, including taking ownership of the known risks, and conducting new risk assessments.
- Emergency preparedness, including performing recurring drills.
- Disaster recovery, including market specific planning.
Safety and Technical Training:
This leader with their team will plan, develop, implement and coordinate training programs for Ting Networks employees, with an emphasis on the following:
- Onboarding new employees and external contractors.
- Safety practices with tools, equipment and surroundings.
- Systems and application use including technical skills within the workforce.
- Support the team by developing management abilities across fields.
- Responsible for building a highly productive and collaborative relationships.
- Regularly attend all scheduled and required meetings.
- Some Domestic and International travel up to 25%.
- Be a positive change agent for the operation.
- All other duties assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years Fiber Optic experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills in English.
- Strong facilitator skills and outstanding organizational skills.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Understanding of Fiber Optic theory and Fiber to the Home practices experience preferred.
- Ability to hire, supervise and empower others in-person and remotely with an ability to balance multiple projects and tasks, and help others prioritize.
- Be able to make decisions and resolve issues while working under pressure.
- Ability to operate in a startup environment, requiring organizational and strategic agility and resilience.
- Growth mentality – Must be driven to grow and succeed professionally.
- 10+ years of leadership skills required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Project management professional preferred, but not required.
- LEAN Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.