Digital Media Producer, 6 Month Contract - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we’re the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).
We’re a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
About the opportunity:
This role is part of the Design org within Tucows. Under the leadership of the Senior Digital Media Producer. You’ll be responsible for aiding our marketing and brand teams with digital video and audio assets. This includes external marketing materials like television and radio ads, produced segments promoting our various products or programs, and explainer content for our customers. Likewise, our internal comms needs help producing pre-taped or live video announcements, learning and development videos, and producing segments promoting our internal achievements.
A deep interest in mobile and internet technology will help you succeed in this role.
We are looking for someone to start on a 6 month contract - with a possible offer of a permanent role for the right candidate at the end of said contract.
This is a completely remote role within Canada and the United States.
- Editing video content for a variety of projects, including marketing, corporate communications and explainer/tutorial/elearning
- Work collaboratively with our marketing and design teams to ensure final product meets our project/branding guidelines
- Identify opportunities where digital media could be added to existing/upcoming projects or campaigns. Likewise, identify inefficiencies in the production process with ideas on how to improve.
- Create final files ready for digital, social or broadcast. Including closed-caption support on all projects.
- Assist Senior Producer on larger scale projects such as nation-wide marketing campaigns, external recruiting campaigns, and internal documentaries
A bit about you:
- You’re a self starter who knows how to tell a good story.
- A natural problem solver and knows how to take initiative.
- You’re confident working on your own and know how to focus and manage your time.
- You’ve worked with a variety of partners and creative minds, so you know how to manage creative relationships and work collaboratively with all sorts of people.
- 5+ years video editing and production experience outside of schooling. Previous marketing experience is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premier Pro, After Effects, Audition) also Final Cut X.
- Motion graphics experience a nice bonus.
- Deep interest in mobile and internet technologies
- Confidence in leading projects independently or working across teams.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Please provide examples of your recent work. No reels.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.