Team Manager - Internet Customer Support - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
As the Team Manager, your role will focus on leading the Technical Customer Advisors within the Ting Internet Support Team, who are responsible for technical and billing support for our customers. You will encourage, develop, and strengthen the performance of your team.
The Team Manager will be accountable to improve customer service and quality results, by fostering conversations and learning opportunities to improve technical knowledge, and the soft skills needed to ensure our customers know how much we appreciate them.
In addition, you may be asked to support key initiatives that grow our business and improve our day to day operations.
Although this is a WFH position we do have office locations in Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, and Wake Forest NC and office presence and local event may be required from time to time as Covid-19 safety measure improve.
What you’ll be doing:
- Front line leadership is responsible for a team of 12-15 Technical Advisors
- Conduct regular 1:1 with Advisors to discuss personal development, performance, quality, business updates and customer service skills
- Analyzing daily, weekly, monthly reports to measure performance
- Partnering with Seniors and Operation Managers to strengthen results and improve technical knowledge of our Advisors
- Balancing workload and queues to ensure critical metrics are achieved
- Ensure administration responsibilities are completed on time and with high quality
- Executing on personal / team objectives and key projects to support our customers, employees and company
- Acting as first point of escalation for Advisors
- Sharing and executing the vision within your team
- Assisting in recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding of new team members
- Communicate and update support leaders on performance and recommendation
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, minimum 2 years’ experience leading teams in a technical / remote environment
- Understanding of employee engagement and how to drive the best performance from each person
- Adaptable and able to be a change leader in a fast paced business
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational and time leadership skills with the ability to excel under pressure, multitask and prioritize for themselves and others
- Ability to develop positive relationships using well-established social skills
- Flexibility to support the team and business during support hours of operation
- Experience dealing with sophisticated concepts like Wi-Fi, Networking, device troubleshooting (smartphone, tablets, networking appliances, etc.).
Nice to Haves
- Experience in providing technical support for Layer 2 or 3 networking and familiarity with the OSI model
- Experience with training or documentation
- Understanding of Support CRMs
- Experience with the Google Suite of office tools (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.)
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.