Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Ting is a growing Internet service provider bringing fiber Internet to homes and businesses across the US. Ting is a part of Tucows, and together we believe in the power of the Internet and its ability to make positive changes in communities. Ting partners with towns to change what people expect from their Internet provider.
Ting is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager who is eager to join our company and help grow our market in Charlottesville and other future markets in Virginia! The Marketing Manager will work closely with the National Marketing team, and a cross functional local team based out of our Charlottesville offices.
- Develop data-driven strategies that increase brand awareness and drive preorders & orders based on market sales goals.
- Implement national marketing process and branding guidelines into the local market
- Develop and supervise budgets and sales tracking
- Develop local sponsorship and community partnerships
- Lead creative development process with internal creative teams, using brand and campaign messaging that follow the framework of shared national programs.
- Partner with the local city manager, field operations and project management teams to align work and project timelines.
Experience and qualifications
- 8-12 years of experience in sales and marketing
- Work independently in a results-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sales experience with a consistent record of meeting sales targets
- Outstanding knowledge of marketing strategies, concepts, and practices
- Ability to compile data for marketing analytics to support decision-making
- Effective time management, organization and leadership skills
- Experience working with remote teams and in the telecom industry is a plus
Have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekend events and you're able to travel within the United States and Canada (headquarters). A valid passport is required.
Graduated with business, marketing, or communication degree.
Why work for Ting?
Ting offers a flexible work environment and understands the meaning of work/life balance. We also offer a comprehensive and flexible benefits program with a focus on health, personal development, and overall wellness. We believe diversity drives innovation. Ting is committed to inclusion and celebrates multiple approaches, and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day. Ting also offers In-house education opportunities plus a learning fund to expand your education and attend exciting conferences.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.