Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity
The Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Marketing Manager to execute local marketing initiatives that support market brand awareness and sales goals in Solana Beach. Typically reports to the Marketing Manager - Solana Beach.
- Implement marketing campaigns that support local sales goals
- Coordinate Ting hosted and third party marketing events to educate customers and grow your local market
- Monitor marketing budget and sales tracking
- Own your town - we know our towns, our people, and how to deliver on what they need
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute new offers, promotions, media tactics, and sponsorships to grow new customers in your town
- Work with the creative team to develop and prepare promotional and advertising materials for the market that follow the framework of shared national programs.
- Analyze and present data on your market
- Educate the general public about Ting’s value propositions at events
- Build and create local content for social media platforms that follow existing brand guidelines
- Ignite your creativity by finding new ways to engage customers
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Effective time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated & adaptable in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to collaborate and build working relationships across various work groups
- In depth knowledge of your local town, demographics and customer base
- Graduated with business, marketing or communication degree
- 3 to 5 years proven experience in marketing or related field
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.