Strategic Sourcing Manager - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead and support the development, implementation and management of material and labor strategies to provide the Ting Internet fiber network with best-in-class cost, flexibility and unmatched delivery and availability performance. Working closely with the OSP Engineering, finance, and our field teams, as well as lead materials and labor sourcing in support of the various build strategies across our growing footprint.
What you'll be doing:
Actively and consistently support, simplify and improve the customer experience
Strategic Sourcing and Negotiation
- Lead and coordinate all efforts to survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers
- Partner with Ting Networks team to coordinate suppliers and review supplier technology and services roadmaps.
- Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criteria, expected bid price ranges, and provide relevant data back to the internal Networks team.
- Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. from the complete cycle; to integration and everything in between,
- Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Present RFx results to the team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision.
- Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers are on Ting Internet’s preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
Supplier Performance Management
- Measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
- Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data which feeds into TCO and RFx. Drive continual improvement of proficiency.
- Measure, report and action cost efficiency as a function of market pricing.
- Lead the measuring of supplier performance, root cause issues, and driving improved performance. Conduct and report on QBR’s for strategic suppliers.
Willing to travel about 10% of the time and work across various time zones.
The experience you will bring:
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers and suppliers,
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Advanced knowledge of FTTH material and labor vendors
- Negotiation experience with commercial contracts and focus on maintaining long term partner relationships and handling total costs of ownership.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Organizational and Strategic Agility
- 5+ years material or vendor sourcing experience
- 5+ years experience with project management and/or complex negotiations
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- Industry and vendor-specific knowledge is preferred
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.