Senior Technical Writer, Networks - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
As the Senior Technical Writer for Ting Internet, you will lead and support the development, implementation and management of technical guidelines and SOPs (standard operating procedures) that will provide the Ting Internet fiber network with direction and documentation needed to rapidly scale. Working closely with the OSP Engineering teams, Network Engineering teams, and our field teams, the Staff Technical Writer will facilitate the establishment of various documents and the continued document controls.
What you'll be doing:
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Lead and coordinate all efforts to create and maintain high-quality documentation (Engineering Guidelines, (SOPs), Construction Guidelines, and many other documents)
- Partner with Ting Networks team to effectively communicate complex technical details clearly, concisely and accurately to a larger audience
- Establish and maintain a document library that provides for growth and revision control
Experience you will bring:
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on video conference, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Experience drafting user documentation in the telecommunications industry
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to build relationships and advocate the craft with internal partners
- Knowledge of FTTH is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with project management
- Bachelor's degree in business, English or journalism, or equivalent experience preferred
- Industry and vendor-specific knowledge is preferred
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.