UX Researcher - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
This is a completely remote opportunity within Canada, USA and Europe.
About the role:
Tucows is looking for a UX Researcher to champion a customer-centered process that integrates insights and feedback throughout the product development cycle. We're looking for someone who can come up with creative solutions while tackling complex problems across all Tucows' products. You will be working with a highly collaborative team to conduct primary research using a variety of research techniques and methods (i.e. field visits, ethnography, surveys and usability tests). You will also be assisting with crafting research protocols, recruiting participants, synthesizing observations into research presentations and building a research repository, so we can turn research insights into design principles and user experience improvements.
Where you fit in
We’ve built a phenomenal User Experience Design practice, and we’re building services and award-winning products that people love. We have many good customer insights, and we’ve developed a strong habit of user testing and working with data to understand patterns and trends.
As an UX Researcher, you will support the entire research process, collaborating closely with multi-functional counterparts in Product Management, Product Design, Marketing, and Engineering to influence key strategy and execution decisions. You will proactively identify research needs and shape product roadmaps while building the most useful, accessible and inclusive product experiences for a global audience.
- Collaborate with the product team to develop a research strategy with clear goals and outcomes
- In partnership with Senior Researchers, design and conduct UX qualitative and quantitative studies (usability studies, click-tests, surveys etc.)
- Maintain ongoing research initiatives including research tool management and administrative research support
- Translate insights into product recommendations to improve user experience and inspire ideas for new features
- Support and educate multi-functional teams and develop effective internal research capabilities
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approach
- A good listener who’s genuinely curious about people
- You are passionate about user research and are keen on championing the voice of the user
- You have worked in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- You have collaborated with a cross-functional team
- You are a clear and concise communicator, as well as an engaging and persuasive storyteller
- You can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- You love keeping meticulous notes and are phenomenal at maintaining documentation and organizing information
- Inclusion matters to you; you include people with various needs and abilities to represent the full diversity of our customers.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in HCI or any other behavioral or social sciences is a plus.
- 2-3 years conducting software, product-focused user research
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.