Purchasing Specialist - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity:
As a Purchasing Specialist, you will be handling order requests from various parts of the organization. You will be required to insure orders are done in an organized, responsible and timely manner and that specifications are carefully adhered to. You will be accountable to the Finance department and expected to participate in routine month end reporting.
This is a completely remote position anywhere within Canada.
- Stewarding assigned orders through their lifecycle (Request, Approval, Confirmed, Shipped, Received, Approved)
- Assist with Renewals Management of existing and new commitments
- Participate in any finance required duties that may be required such as budget planning, accruals, fixed assets, etc.
- Comfortable with order corrections, issues, supplier customer concerns that may arise (eg. ETA passed, missing goods, etc.)
- Maintaining strong Customer & Vendor relations critical to role, communication & service excellence are essential
- Other responsibilities as the position evolves
A bit about you:
- 4-5 years Purchasing or Supply Chain Management certifications or related experience
- Lengthy prior experience with financial forecasting & cost analysis
- Strong aptitude for resourceful & creative thinking in dealing with sourcing issues
- Ability to interact with both technical resources and sales professionals
- Comfortable in both Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets spreadsheet applications
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Works well independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good listening and customer management skills
- Positive minded demeanor, friendly disposition
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.