Senior UX Researcher - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
This is a completely remote opportunity within Canada, USA and Europe.
About the role:
Tucows is looking for a Senior UX Researcher with a solid foundation in quantitative research skills to build a deep understanding of our customers and inform the products that we build. If you are analytical, curious, and insightful, and enjoy tackling complex problems with a collaborative team, we’d love to work with you. You must have a proven track record of crafting and delivering a wide range of generative and evaluative research projects across the entirety of the product life cycle.
Where you fit in:
We’ve built a phenomenal User Experience Design practice, and we’re building services and award-winning products that people love. We have many good customer insights, and we’ve developed a strong habit of user testing and working with data to understand patterns and trends.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for shaping the research strategy and elevating the overall quality and effectiveness of research practice within Tucows. You will be partnering with Product, Data, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Design leaders to advise the decision-making process and accelerate learning velocity across the company.
If you have an ambitious vision for how research should operate within a modern-day company and are keen on shaping business strategy, this your chance!
- Define and measure quantitative user experience goals and metrics in collaboration with multi-functional partners
- Collaborate with the product team to develop a research strategy with clear goals and outcomes
- Plan and conduct quantitative research and benchmarking studies, including voice of the customer, onboarding, and diversity and inclusion survey programs
- Synthesize behavioural data with data science and analytics
- Triangulate quantitative data from other sources to glean insights and make meaningful recommendations for Tucows
- Translate insights into product recommendations to improve user experience and inspire ideas for new features
- Support and educate multi-functional teams and develop effective internal research capabilities
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approach
- A good listener who’s genuinely curious about people.
- Passionate for user research and a champion for the voice of the user.
- Experienced with qualitative and quantitative research methods like survey design and UX benchmarking
- Inclusion matters to you; you include people with various needs and abilities to represent the full diversity of our customers.
- You’ve collaborated with product teams in an agile environment and efficiently implemented user research throughout the product development process.
- You played a key role in driving customer growth and happiness and have case studies you share during the interview process.
- Advanced degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years conducting software, product-focused user research.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.