Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the Opportunity:
The SaaS Administrator is responsible for the deployment, maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of our internal Software as a Service (SaaS) tools. They are also responsible for creating initiatives to improve the overall stability of our systems and provide troubleshooting. Over time, the need for troubleshooting will decline as they implement proactive measures and automation throughout our platforms.
They will participate as a partner in projects that require the inclusion of additional features, functionality, updates, and changes to our SaaS platforms, and will participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the software and tools needs of Tucows. They are seen as a technical specialist for all Solutions Delivery and CXO projects.
They are fundamental in optimizing our current toolset - meeting with vendors and partners regularly to discuss issues, beta test and launch new features and products - and take ongoing certification courses to advance their skillset and stay ahead of the latest trends in tools and automation. They must also have a knack for data analysis and report and dashboard building. The SaaS Administrator also actively resolves issues with our tools and proactively makes improvements to our tool suite to limit work disruptions within the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage: oversee SaaS system deployments and management frameworks. Proactively work on tasks and tickets while coordinating the work effort with partners and project managers. Responsible for maintaining, configuring, and the ongoing reliability of Cloud/SaaS platforms.
- Problem Solve: investigate and perfect SaaS system performance. Use your experience to find the root cause of defects and work to proactively address them. Identify, implement, and support application monitoring solutions for deployment.
- Support: Tackle issues by running diagnostics, detailing problems and resolutions, prioritizing issues, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Automate: identify areas where we can automate routine tool deployments, administration, and monitoring tasks.
- Project Work: communicate and work effectively with internal and external partners during deployment projects. Accurately scope project requirements and delivery timelines with the Solutions Delivery team and regularly meet deadlines
- Collaboration: work multi-functionally with Engineering, Support, Data Analytics, and all Tucows groups to design, develop, test, and implement SaaS deployments organizationally.
- Process Improvement: work with our Business Process Analysts on continuous updates to deployment documentation as processes improve and change. Demonstrate industry methodologies for defining and tuning appropriate on-demand Cloud deployment architectures. Provide documentation and technical specifications to partners and project sponsors for planning and implementing new or upgraded services to our Cloud tool suite.
- Lead: lead systems support efforts for Zendesk, Talkdesk, RingCentral, and other Cloud systems, making sure that all issues and problems are resolved in a timely manner and with limited disruptions.
- Install and upgrade tool components, coordinate system improvements with partners, and integrate automation processes.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in Cloud and SaaS system administration and deployments
- College Certificate or Diploma, or Associate / Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or equivalent experience required
- Extensive experience with SaaS platforms, scripting, and automation tools is required
- Demonstrable ability to deliver sophisticated, multi-platform solutions with a consistent track record of designing and implementing system strategy and plans that operate at scale
- Solid grasp of CRM tools, ticketing systems, ACD systems, user management, and large SaaS system deployments
- Bonus Points: Proficiency in related software tools, including but not limited to Zendesk, Talkdesk, RingCentral, Wrike, tray.io, and workflow automation software
- Analytical and strong organization skills
- Solid attention to detail is a must
- An excellent teammate who is able to oversee the requests of multi-disciplinary teams and multiple projects and tickets simultaneously
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.