DevOps Engineer, Shared Services - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
We are inviting experienced hands-on DevOps engineers to join our team, which builds and maintains a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as an embedded member of the Shared Services team to provide highly available, distributed infrastructure.
- Build automation to provision infrastructure as code to cloud platforms.
- Enable secure infrastructure with secure secret storage, dynamic secrets, and data encryption.
- Collaborate with the team to understand the technical data and performance requirements for services, and ensure the resources they need are provisioned with automation.
- Build performance test harnesses for end-to-end testing and metric capture for historical and comparative analysis.
- Employ Agile software development tools and standard methodologies.
- Maintain the existing Linux based Xen infrastructure while working with the team to migrate it to our snazzy Openstack cloud
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are:
- Have substantive DevOps experience and a consistent record of automating the provisioning of infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform and SaltStack
- You have experience with CI/CD automation, and in particular in a cloud engineering environment, using tools like Jenkins and GitHub Actions.
- Have years of experience with Linux, server automation, and scripting.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge, pair-programming and mentoring people you work with.
- You love to collaborate, are a trusted teammate, an eloquent communicator, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be:
- Someone with experience with OpenStack.
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
- Have experience configuring and administering open source RDBMS, NoSQL, and distributed such as PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.