Senior Program Manager - Mobile (remote based)
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS - OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Tucows' Mobile organization is looking for a highly motivated Senior Program Manager. This individual is a self-starter, passionate about providing program management and leadership in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating independent work skills and strong work ethic, with a proven fundamental background in program management principles, leadership, and business skills. This role works closely and collaboratively with leaders from all departments and is involved with every aspect of the systems life cycle including design, development, and support of the deployed solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and communicate project goals, scope, communication plan, risk and issue management plan, and expectations to all partners.
- Prepare timelines containing tasks, durations, resource needs and dependencies.
- Prepare change requests, analyze and communicate impact to projects and seek approval from business owner and/or steering committees.
- Lead team towards the timely, on-budget delivery.
- Track program progress, change requests, action items, and budget.
- Proactively identify, mitigate and resolve risks and issues. Facilitate the timely resolution of issues and call them out as needed to senior management.
- Coordinate and execute smooth (without interruption to critical services) and timely production launches.
- Ensure team adherence to the program processes and goals.
- Regularly report status to all relevant parties.
- Maintain up-to-date information in project files.
- Focus on predictable execution of product development and infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with product teams, engineering, SMEs and external partners to drive delivery of programs.
- Assess and resolve all high priority items and tasks as they are encountered.
- Lead and execute all aspects of the program life cycle, and work with team members to supervise all phases of program completion.
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the program lifecycle.
- Oversee cost, scope and schedule to ensure agreed time, cost, and quality parameters are met.
- Facilitate the transition of a program from implementation to maintenance.
- Identify and document lessons learned for future projects.
- Close out administrative matters of the project.
- Business Relationship Management.
- Develop communication plans and interfaces to actively engage business partners.
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Serve as Subject Matter Authority in briefing partners on assigned initiatives.
- Provide accurate forecasts of performance to relevant business partners.
- Communicate project and program progress to key constituents.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a program management role.
- PMP or PgMP certification.
- Experience leading program resources in a matrix environment.
- Experience leading sophisticated programs with geographically and culturally diverse team members.
- Experience in communicating status and impediments to project team and senior management.
- Ability to listen, comprehend, mediate and disseminate information appropriately.
- Ability to simultaneously lead multiple programs with varying degrees of complexity.
- Ability to maintain project data for effective project communications and sound problem-solving.
- Ability to seek out information, logically trouble-shoot and/or raise issues with relevant parties for the purpose of solving issues quickly.
- Identify potential issues in advance and implement measures to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Ability to investigate and analyze issues, facilitate the identification of root causes and propose process changes for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to resolve scheduling and dependencies for the purposes of resource planning and program planning.
- Ability to balance competing partner expectations.
- Ability to navigate challenges and resolve conflict!
- Experience governing vendor relationships and third-party contributors so that the work completed is high-quality, within scope, within budget, and on-schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively both to an audience of individuals from all levels within the organization!
- Proven understanding of SDLC, Traditional and Agile methodologies.
- Well-versed in Critical Path Management using MS Project or similar tool.
- G-Suite, Atlassian JIRA, JQL. Additional Jira plugins such as Structure and Script Runner a plus.
- Experience with Full stack, DevOps, Cloud Services and Operations.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.