Customer Care Technician
Simply Bits, now part of Ting Internet, is the largest fixed wireless network service provider in Tucson, servicing thousands of residences, enterprises, educational institutions and government agencies across Southern Arizona.
With a rapidly expanding footprint, we are part of a larger team delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
Ting, which is also part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
The Customer Care Technician works directly with customers, internal and field team resources, to facilitate the installation, provisioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of commercial internet and VoIP services. Functions as a main point of contact for customer issues and service inquiries via phone and email, in a helpdesk environment, as well as the internal SME and escalation point for customer support-related issues and concerns.
About the role
- Answer incoming customer support calls, gather customer problem description and document them
- Supervise customer support ticketing systems including email, voicemail, device monitoring applications, and contacting customers when necessary
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring problem and solution follow through and creating detailed problem resolution notes
- Assist support management with documentation of policies and procedure
- Responsible for creating and maintaining ongoing documentation of support department processes and procedures
- Program and configure routers, firewalls, wireless devices, VoIP devices and other networking equipment
- Solve and document customer issues relating to Internet connections, fax solutions, voice solutions, and data services
- Independently research and diagnosis issues to determine root cause, or escalate issue to appropriate team in a timely manner within established department standards
- Take an active role in the training and technical development of junior members of the NOC staff, as well as other resources outside of the department
- Other duties as assigned.
A bit about you
- Highschool Graduate or GED preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a call-center environment;
- Demonstrated ability in a technical helpdesk environment;
- Demonstrated ability in an IT or telecommunications environment.
- Advanced MikroTik certifications and other Technical certifications (Network +, A +, CCNA, etc) a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to maintain composure and professionalism in the face of customer complaints/negativity
- Knowledge of networking and wireless technologies IP addresses/subnetting, routing technologies
- Possession of basic mathematical skills
- This position will require the ability to work both remotely and in office
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.