Contracts and Real Estate Manager - Remote
Solana Beach, CA
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
The responsibilities of the Contracts and Real Estate Manager are focused on contracts processing and coordination, real estate lease management and strategy, and general operational maintenance of Tucows and Ting workspaces (i.e.designated offices, warehouses and other facilities). The Manager is also expected to play a significant role in developing a streamlined process for monitoring and managing utilities and other services. The position is 90% remote with expected 10% travel in the US and Canada. Candidates must be fully vaccinated to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to perform this job. Proof of vaccination is required.
The Manager will work with Tucows and Ting senior leadership to process contracts, develop reporting and consult on strategies to ensure optimal and productive use of workplaces. It is imperative that our workplaces remain secure, safe, well maintained, comfortable and suitably laid out for the diverse tasks being performed there. The Manager also ensures that all facilities are outfitted with the appropriate equipment and utilities, and will participate in the acquisition and setup of new facilities. The Manager must possess excellent interpersonal, organization and project management skills to allow for cross-functional collaboration with people across the organization to be successful in this role. Finally the Manager must be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously and quickly drafting concise executive summaries as projects hit major milestones and ultimately come to fruition.
- Assist Tucows and Ting leadership in the efficient tracking, processing, execution and reporting of contracts with 3rd parties including real estate and non real estate suppliers.
- Develop strategies to optimize efficient use and tracking of workspaces and utilities.
- Consult with safety experts and personnel to ensure a safe work environment for all employees in all facilities
- Support local compliance with all procedures, policies and regulations at each workplace
- Discuss contracts details internally and externally (equipment leases, maintenance agreements, etc…) with vendors, ensure appropriate renewals/terminations are done, and maintain vendor relationships
- Drive procurement and delivery of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and related products and services
- Negotiate with landlords and property managers to resolve facilities issues
- Manage facilities improvements
- Ensure that utilities (HVAC, electrical, plumbing and internet) are paid, tracked and efficiently reported to Finance for budgeting purposes
- Drive proactive actions in acquisition, set-up, and transfer of new facilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in drafting executive summaries and project updates
- Excellent collaboration skills with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in independently driving simultaneous long-term projects
- Experience and comfort working with multiple remote facilities
- Knowledge of commercial utilities payment and billing systems (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security)
- Demonstrated experience negotiating with vendors/contractors and managing contracts
- Willingness to quickly learn and gain experience managing real estate facilities that require leasehold improvements
- Willingness to quickly learn and gain knowledge of government compliance for real estate (health and safety, fire code, etc…)
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.