Construction Program Manager
Fuquay Varina, NC
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
The Construction Program Manager in our Networks group. The networks group is responsible for finding new markets, setting them up, and contributing heavily to running them. We need someone who excels in a fast-paced environment with many diverse, competing priorities and can handle a dash of ambiguity to boot. The incumbent will possess a robust communication style and the ability to navigate difficult discussions with external parties. As well as the ability to provide clear and concise reports to senior management or other partners, while leading cross-functional program teams in a distributive environment. Lastly, the incumbent will be tenacious for value-creating outcomes while being mindful of operating environment norms.
About the role:
- Managing construction projects in multiple cities/towns: We have construction projects underway in multiple cities. You will be in charge of ensuring those projects are timely and on budget. This will involve working closely with other members of the Networks team, operations, our vendor management team, support, marketing, product management, and external suppliers to make sure everything is moving according to plan and helping us solve issues when it isn’t. You will be in the eye of the storm.
- Assisting various construction-related elements as necessary: From permits to inventory, there are a lot of areas inside each build that need tracking and process help. We need your skills to help us establish processes and systems as necessary to be successful.
- Working cross-functionally inside the organization to help set up new markets: It takes a lot of work from multiple teams to get a new market online. You’ll assist in everything from the sourcing and setup of property, purchasing vehicles/equipment, helping with new employee onboarding, and more.
- Acting as the market expert inside the building to help other departments devise strategies and resolve problems: You’ll be a key representative of the Networks department, acting as a business expert in helping resolve a wide variety of day-to-day tasks and issues as they arise. You’ll need to build the relationships necessary to make sure the various departments you work with can turn to you for the right information and decisions.
A bit about you:
- 7+ years fiber infrastructure construction management
- Leading complex programs with a delivery culture
- Scaling up scope and scale of program teams
- CAPEX and OPEX budget development and stewardship
- Conducting face to face meetings with local officials and some on construction site meetings
- Civil construction management practices with municipal, county, and state agencies
- Strong knowledge of FTTH architecture, design, and construction
- Evolving relationships and processes with cross-functional constituents
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Advanced schedule and budget management with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively identify, mitigate and resolve risks and issues across and up and down the organization
- Comfortable initiating, managing and solidifying process and playbook changes while continuing to deliver on production goals
- Provide accurate forecasts of performance to relevant business partners.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.