Program Manager, Markets Launch - Remote
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Program Manager, Market Launch, you will:
- Lead the end-to-end operational strategy and execution to launch new Ting Internet markets
- Work closely with multi-functional leaders to scale up network deployment velocity and consistency during principle construction of a market
- Support process development and improvement of market launch playbooks
- Sr. Manager Planning and Special Projects
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead market launch programs, with a large focus on deployment of both our all-fiber network and local operational capabilities in new Ting markets
- Plan and schedule major market launch deliverables anchored by external and internal achievements
- Encourage operational systems thinking with project team, while handling critical path for market launch
- Develop and implement risk management strategies with market launch key stakeholders as data points evolve
- Lead network deployment production goal setting and tracking regionally, across multiple markets
- Conduct network deployment operational reviews with senior leaders of external vendors and internal partners
- Develop reports and dashboards
- Lead and support the development and improvement of market launch playbooks
- Host and/or support process workshops as required
- Champion clear division of responsibilities with other central team members and local partners
- Program/project manage other cross functional projects that are related to market launch and that bring value to the organization
- 5+ years of program management experience in dynamic and high growth environments
- Organizational change experience is highly desirable
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and vendors in high visibility projects, including scheduling, progress tracking and reporting, and comfort with raising issues and bring them up to senior management if necessary
- Demonstrated knowledge of telecom Service Provider (FTTH ideally) operations and construction
- Keen understanding of risk management methodologies
- Proven ability to work in a diverse environment to lead complex programs, while balancing a delivery culture and adopting inclusive leadership
- Ability to be fully independent in execution of day to day operational responsibilities
- Ability to converse at both a technical and business level, independent of communication medium
- Proven ability to build documentation and processes, and critical metrics
- Versatile communication skills and common based on audience, be it senior leadership and executives or local operations managers
- One or more PMI certification is preferred
- Be a positive change agent for the operation
- US travel up to 20%
What we offer:
- Salary starting from 100K to 125K
- A robust group medical coverage, a generous PTO, 401K matching, paternity/maternity leave top-up, learning fund to name a few.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.