Fuquay Varina, NC
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
The OSP Engineer will work around the construction and maintenance of plant infrastructure, design, and engineering as well as providing estimates and route analysis of underground fiber optic installations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Produce and Update schematics within a GIS database and other telecom platforms
- Performs cost estimations for engineering, construction, and maintenance activities
- Oversees tasks associated with on-site repair of customer installs
- Coordinates service contracts, schedules, maintenance, inventory, and supplies.
- Directs field service staff performing on-site services including but not limited to troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Responsible for maintaining service contract documentation.
- Supports service failures until the issue is resolved.
- Follow up with customer feedback for quality assurance.
- Reports to senior management on field service personnel, service, administrative and or customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned
A bit about you:
- 8+ years experience in OSP Engineering, Construction, and Project Management
- Experience working with City Planning, EngineeringInspection teams
- FTTP planning and or deployment experience
- Strong cost estimation experience a must
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize, manage, and complete work assignments in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with others in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of aerial and buried fiber placement and splicing methods
- Thorough understanding of telecom equipment, materials and technologies
- Advanced knowledge of FTTH architecture, design and construction
- Thorough knowledge of Permitting methods and procedures
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent organizational and process management skills
- Effective communication and collaboration skills across a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.