Simply Bits, now part of Ting Internet, is the largest fixed wireless network service provider in Tucson, servicing thousands of residences, enterprises, educational institutions and government agencies across Southern Arizona.
With a rapidly expanding footprint, we are part of a larger team delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
Ting, which is also part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
The field technician is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining wireless Internet equipment in both residential and commercial environments.
About the role:
- Install residential and commercial equipment such as, but not limited to, wireless access points, WiFi routers, VoIP phones and FoIP adapters
- Implement voice and data networks by routing, terminating, and splicing CAT5 and CAT6 cables; install and aim wireless voice/data network equipment, routers, switches, cable trays; establish connections; program features; follow industry standards; coordinate with internal support teams and contractors.
- Document work by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration, photographing job sites and completed work, and specifications used.
- Verify service by testing circuits and equipment; identify, correct, or escalate problems.
A bit about you:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years of experience installing, maintaining, and repairing equipment and cabling for wireless network communications
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Be team oriented and comfortable collaborating with staff
- Solid problem-solving capabilities and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of industry standard cabling specifications
- Dedication to abiding by safety standard procedures
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving history
- Ability to work at heights and lift 50+ pounds
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.