Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
The Service Supervisor will lead, train and mentor a team of technicians who will perform the installs and drops required for activation of customers, while maintaining a high standard of customer satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and be accountable to predetermined metrics
- Mentor a team performing local customer drops
- Ensure availability of install and drop crew is accounted for in workforce management
- Liaising with other field teams to report drops are ready for installation as scheduled
- Assisting in scheduling the install and drop crew with workforce management
- Driving accountability within the drop crew to ensure timely and cost-effective work is performed Ensuring all work orders are completed
- Providing quick response, communication and resolution of utilities cut in error
- Inspect and approve vendor invoices related to locate and drop charges
- Participate in developing and refining MSAs with vendor partners
- Work with inventory management to ensure the proper inventory levels are on hand or ordered per forecasted production
A bit about you:
- Management of installation and or customer facing crews
- Ability to establish and maintain effective reporting and metrics
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making ability
- Customer service best practices
- Expectation and performance management
- Creating effective solutions to advance vendor relationships to partnerships
- Observant with strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong integrity with an objective logical approach
- 3+ years supervising team members and construction vendors connecting and activating internet customers
- Stellar management of customer facing team members
- Strong knowledge of FTTx installation and OSP practices
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Prior experience working with and managing vendors
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.