Head of People, Ting Internet - Remote
Wake Forest, NC
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a Head of People who will own people programs as we scale, in 2022, from 300 to 500+ employees with continued rapid growth in 2023 and beyond. You will support and resolve a breadth of challenges with employees and managers, including performance management, investing in teams and leaders, fostering strong team dynamics, and development, implementation, and compliance with HR programs and policies.
As Head of People for Ting Internet, you will report to the Chief People Officer of Tucows, our parent company, and will be resourced for success by our corporate People team. Additionally, you will lead, grow, and manage a highly skilled cross-functional team focused on the Ting Internet business. You will partner with the entire Ting executive leadership team, balancing accountability for business results with our continued goal to be a fair, flexible, and inclusive work environment.
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- Previous experience supporting distributed frontline employee populations, specifically within the construction and telecommunications industries
- Strong employee relations experience, specifically pertaining to performance management
- Previous experience leading rapid company growth and proven experience navigating the specific challenges of scaling a strong, positive culture
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders, demonstrating the ability to operate within constraints, challenge the status quo and collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Excellent process delivery, consistently able to deploy services in an efficient and effective manner.
- Confidence engaging in high-level strategic discussions with our executive team, as well as assuming a leadership role in a fast-moving and scaling business environment
- Self-starter who is capable of and energized by doing as well as leading–we are a group of heavy lifters
- Deeply responsible, accountable, and data-driven - must be comfortable leading and influencing with data
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.