Manager, Construction and Operations
Wake Forest, NC
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
The Manager, Construction and Operations is accountable for all OSP network efforts that include; construction, installations, drops, locates, service, maintenance, and repair for both residential, Enterprise, and small business customers. Such efforts will build out our all-fiber network to all serviceable addresses within various local markets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of the local operating team to complete in building all civil (OSP) construction, connecting customers, and handling service interruptions.
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams to plan, forecast, and execute a complex multi-year construction plan
- Manage and be accountable to all metrics within your market for all construction and operations efforts.
- Partner with the local City Manager to ensure the best possible partnership is developed and maintained with municipal, county, and state agencies.
- CAPEX and OPEX budget development and management
- Participate in MSA development and maintain relationships with vendors and monitor performance
- Partner with Technical Training and Safety Manager to ensure your team is well trained and safe in all construction/installation efforts.
- Oversight of local program management to ensure that projects are completed on time with quality and within budget.
- Participate in local marketing events as needed.
- Host weekly meetings with direct reports and contractors to convey the latest company news, policies, and changes.
- All other duties assigned by your manager.
A bit about you:
- 7+ years managing residential fiber deployment and front-line customer-facing team members
- Growing and scaling teams in a high growth environment
- Leading teams completing fiber drops and installing in-home ISP service (highly desirable)
- Fiber deployment experience (OSP construction, operations, and maintenance)
- Materials management best practices
- CAPEX and OPEX Budget development and management
- Strong hiring ability, stakeholder management (city and resident, regulatory agencies), cross-functional collaboration
- Knowledge of last-mile operations/delivery models
- Order management tool (e.g. ServiceMax)
- Proven vendor management experience
- Experience managing to and with metrics
- Comfortable at keeping Grace under pressure
- Strong at Conflict resolution and de-escalation
- Advanced problem solving
- Proven success and demonstrated ability to manage complex multi-year construction contract
- Problem solving and de-escalation
What we offer
- A robust group medical coverage, a generous PTO, 401K matching, stock options, paternity/maternity leave top-up, learning fund to name a few.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.