Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
The Enterprise Account Representative is a hunter, consultative field sales position within our Business Services team. Individuals in this position are responsible for selling data and video services to new and existing customers.
Account Representatives are responsible for crafting developing long-term relationships with new and existing customers in the Enterprise and Mid-market space. Both high level technical discussions and C-Level business conversations will be required to be successful in this role. This is primarily a hunter role in a green field space that will evolve into both hunting and farming as customer acquisition progresses and may have a sales leadership role as our business develops.
What you’ll be doing:
- Primary responsibility is to develop or leverage existing relationships with Large Enterprise accounts within your assigned territory to sell Enterprise Internet Services into Large and Mid-Market Enterprise accounts and Bulk Internet services into Multi-Dwelling Units (MDU’s) such as apartment complexes, assisted living, hotels, and HOA’s.
- Develops and maintains sales plans for own territory and for each account with ability to blueprint a business’s hierarchy to best determine requirements and opportunities
- Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in data, video, and additional sophisticated product sales
- Develop customer centric solutions and deliver sales proposals on product features and benefits
- Ability to work within an entrepreneurial environment where all processes and procedures are evolving and have the flexibility and ability to adapt a constantly evolving landscape
- Ability to self motivate and work independently to resolve problems, hold self accountable to proactively maintain appropriate activity standards to ensure funnel growth, be involved and know your markets served and increase growth in a dynamic environment
- Meets with prospective customers in person or by conference call to collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail, estimate the amount and type of potential business the account represents, and qualify the prospect. Position involves significant field sales activities with travel to customer locations encouraged as often as daily
- Clearly understand and communicate the company’s value proposition at multiple levels within organizations
- Work with the Support Account Manager teams to insure timely handoff of sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
- Maintain all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information. Experience with CRM database management required.
- Work in conjunction with other Business Services support groups
- Attend all sales meeting and training sessions as the need arises by Management
- Four Plus Years of B2B sales experience, preferably selling data, voice, and video solutions with ideally two years of Telecommunications or Premise Based Voice and Data product sales
- Working knowledge of computers, computer networking, Internet solutions and fiber connected networks
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong sales level knowledge of complex services (Internet, private line WAN, Hosted Voice, Video Services, Managed Services, MDU Solutions) is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
What we offer:
- A robust group medical coverage, a generous PTO, 401K matching, stock options, paternity/maternity leave top-up, learning fund to name a few.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.