Fiber Deployment Technician
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
Are you ready to be part of an energetic and growing team with the expansion of “Crazy Fast Fiber Internet” service in multiple markets across the U.S.?
About the opportunity:
This position is responsible for performing daily scheduled installations and service calls to deliver our services to residential and commercial customers. This process includes installing and splicing fiber, activating services, educating customers, and troubleshooting when necessary.
What you'll be doing:
- Always considering Safety First when working and driving
- Interfacing with customers on a daily basis
- Driving company vehicle
- Assessing different installation scenarios, and effectively determining required time, approach and equipment
- Installing cable required to connect customers to fiber-optic Internet service
- Splicing fiber optic on-premises
- Completing fiber optic installation for residential customers
- Working indoors and outdoors during the installation process
- Working with hand tools and test sets to complete the installation process
- Working from ladders
- Liaising with OSP Technicians for any fiber restoration efforts
- Ensuring all required materials for installation and maintenance are properly checked out from Inventory
- Participating in local marketing events as needed
- Conducting site surveys as required
- Attending meetings as required
- Participating in on-call rotation
- All other duties assigned by the manager
What you'll bring:
- Construction experience preferred
- Telecommunications and/or Cable experience preferred
- Fiber optic experience preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Great customer service skills required
- Displays leadership skills required
- Strong communication skills: the ability to effectively communicate in real-time with multiple team members and business partners is required
- Ability to identify and remedy service affecting problems
- Ability to work outdoors, and comfort working with hand tools, ladders, and test equipment
- Data cabling experience preferred
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.