Sr Account Manager, Customer Success, Mobile Services
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
We are seeking a hardworking, collaborative and resourceful Sr Account Manager, Customer Success to define and optimize Customer Lifecycle by mapping the overall customer journey. The Customer Success Account Manager will aid in defining client requirements, specification of service features and capabilities, and ensure an efficient experience using Tucows’ mobile services. You’ll translate the use of desired functions and features into a successful onboarding and engagement process from start to finish. Success in this role comes from our culture, diversity and multifaceted distributed team, so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. We're looking for candidates from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done.
We need someone to excel in gathering and analyzing customer needs, applying core customer success principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
You will up-level our platform quality-of-service, delivering features to our customers that give them greater control over their messages as they traverse our network on their way to their consumers. Customer Success Account Manager responsibilities include developing partnerships with a portfolio of clients, connecting with key business executives and partners. Customer Success Account Managers collaborate closely between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely delivery of our solutions according to customer needs. Collaborate with and develop client accounts to initiate and maintain favorable relationships with clients. Responsible for leading a team of Customer Success Account Managers dedicated to meeting the operational needs of assigned client segments.
Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Lead and advise the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is encouraged. Typically reports to the head of a unit/department.
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with customers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer partners and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external partners
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Update job and industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Improve department and organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to support external clients.
- Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Supervise and analyze customer's usage of our product
- Responsible for working with the Sales team to onboard and integrate new clients and developing existing client relationships
- Collaborate closely with the customer and internal teams
- Help customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in person meetings
- Proven account management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering customer-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven track record of leading multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of marketing experience with agency background desirable
- Deep digital understanding
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Understanding of website development, marketing, measurement and analytics, content management, digital marketing and internet technology
- Excellent time and project management skills. You're always looking to improve inefficient processes
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and SLAs
- Expert at Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Salesforce and help desk support software
Customer Success Account Manager top proficiencies:
- Prospecting Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Establish Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Customer Focus/Relationship Management
- Emphasize Excellence
- Deliver Multiple Projects
- Attention to Detail
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.