Network Engineer-Network Architecture -Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS - OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About the Opportunity:
The opportunity is completely remote within Europe, Canada and USA!
As a Network Automation Engineer in the Network Architecture team, you will play a major role in automating our infrastructure, development processes and tools. You’ll be part of a growing team that is building our next generation fiber Internet and backbone platform. The platform offers a robust API for provisioning and managing hardware in our fiber network and integrates with many other services and tools that power our business. These capabilities allow us to differentiate and scale our Ting Fiber business.
Ideally, you have experience with using modern network automation tools such as Ansible and Netbox on production networks. You develop, test, administer, deploy, and maintain our infrastructure. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in peer reviews and design discussions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing and maintaining Ansible playbooks that automate our backbone.
- Deploying network infrastructure that serves thousands of households and businesses.
- Integrating existing (open source) systems to make them work together.
- Building tools that enable us to create the best customer service experience possible.
- Debugging issues with our network.
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineer at an Autonomous Network.
- Good understanding of network concepts and protocols such as BGP, OSPF and MPLS.
- Experience with Juniper MX, EX and ACX platforms.
- Proficient at programming languages like Python or Go.
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools.
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Will be required to be part of an on-call rotation.
Nice to have:
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party systems.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Exposure to multiple programming languages.
- Knowledge of fiber networks is a plus.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.