Software Engineer, Shared Services - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS - OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, over a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Our platforms provide 24x7 availability and a high degree of scalability and enable millions and millions of email messages, API calls, and transactions, every day. We work in real-time, so it requires a steady hand and a cool head.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering team members to build and maintain a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for building and supporting scalable, reliable, and resilient microservices
- Provide input on effort estimates for delivering new and/or additional features assigned.
- Collaborate with and provide input to other engineering team members within shared services’ on features, including technical and performance requirements.
- Implement and contribute to development processes with Agile software development tools and standard methodologies
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are:
- Have software engineering experience and a record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in Python.
- You have 3-5 years of software engineering experience.
- You have experience with web frameworks such as Flask, Django, and FastAPI.
- Have experience with open source databases such as Postgres and MariaDB.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with people you work with.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.