Product Manager, Ting Internet - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting Internet, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. Tucows’ mobile services enabler platform provides network access, provisioning, and billing services for mobile virtual network operators.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity
This product manager opportunity is with Ting Internet, a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country. We are rapidly growing our footprint with a national focus. Continuing this upward trajectory, we're thinking at scale and driving for 10x in everything we do. That's where you come in.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a world-class product manager who’ll work across teams to develop the digital product roadmap. In this role, you will:
- Identify customer and business needs to build on roadmaps
- Document business requirements and prioritize by managing stakeholder expectations
- Be the product business partner for cross functional teams and act as a conduit for the technical product managers
- Establish and manage weekly business review of product performance, drivers and impacts
- Articulate success factors for our customers and business
- Partner with cross functional teams to identify key business performance indicators and collaboratively develop product roadmaps
- Guide the digital roadmap - Web and Mobile apps working along with design and user experience research teams
- Contribute to a collaborative culture and further push Ting toward modern product practices
A bit about you
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a product manager
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Experience and interest in operating at a strategic level for business excellence
- An excellent communicator with a proven track record of impacting stakeholders through modern product thinking to instil clarity
- Proven track record of active stakeholdering and cross-functional business requirement management
- Adept at First principle thinking and data-first product problem solving
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment passionate about user needs and business impact
- Active listener who has a knack for knowing when to proactively share and offer context
- Skilled at operating in a relatively flat, cross-functional organization
- Bring new perspective and creative problem solving. Always seeking new knowledge and innovative approaches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, Self-starter on defining objectives and achieving them
- Caring deeply about delivering on our brand promise and are excited to immerse yourself in our culture
- Understanding of the US Telecom space and bullish on fiber internet technology is a plus
- Work experience in one or more of these areas is a double-plus: B2B / Enterprise product setting, internet products for businesses
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.