Product Manager, Technical
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people ironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. Tucows’ mobile services enabler platform provides network access, provisioning, and billing services for mobile virtual network operators.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Tucows is hiring a Technical Product Manager who is passionate about SaaS, microservices, APIs and modern event-based software. We are looking for a leader with strong communication and analytical abilities to inspire colleagues to build Tucows’ next generation suite of cloud-native services. In this role, you will:
- Act as the product owner for a number of software components/platform services and maintain visibility of the roadmap and its execution within the Shared Services business unit.
- Lead the end to end product development lifecycle- from initiation, conception, design, implementation to launch; drive initiatives to align with OKRs
- Collaborate with different Engineering & Product teams across the organization to deliver value through internal tooling, education, and documentation.
- Coordinate release cycle of internal tools and manage cross team dependencies.
- Ensure that the team uses good design principles and builds software that is secure, scalable and reliable.
- Understand the business challenges of our end customers and software developers solving these challenges.
- Research technological choices to drive a vision for the solution and define the supporting requirements.
- Work with architects to make the final technology choices and software developers to develop and execute roadmap.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture and further push Tucows toward modern product practices based on data and customer needs.
- Improve and expand your skills driven by a continuous desire to learn about new technologies and processes.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of experience in product management in a technical environment/Software development organisations.
- Background in Computer Science, Business, IT, or related field.
- Technical knowledge of event-driven architecture, microservices, and API-first platform development.
- Well versed in DevOps (CI/CD) principles, testing strategies, software change management and incident management.
- An uncanny ability to take complex technical problems and distill them into understandable frameworks in order to foster support for technical resources.
- Active listener who has a knack for knowing when to proactively share and offer context.
- Skilled at operating in a relatively flat, cross-functional organization, full of collaboration with many different fields.
- Deeply understand the Cloud software and SaaS landscape, specifically when it comes to B2B platforms.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, primarily, Scrum & Kanban
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You care deeply about delivering on our brand promise and are excited to immerse yourself in our culture:https://www.tucows.com/about-us/
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.