Building Access Manager
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
The Building Access Manager is a self motivated individual assisting our Commercial and Bulk Internet Sales organization who likes contract negotiations, business development, and a fast action entrepreneurial environment. If this is at the heart of who you are, Ting the world's coolest tech company—is looking for someone like you.
- Works with Sales on the identification of new commercial and residential multi-dwelling unit access agreement opportunities within the Ting national footprint including locations of office, industrial, retail as well as apartments, condos and other MDU opportunities that make good financial and strategic sense for Ting to serve.
- Works with Ting City Managers and Sales team on the identification of SFU Bulk HOA opportunities within the Ting national footprint.
- Focuses on volume of access agreements with an efficient transition to the Sales Team for exploration of opportunities once property access has been negotiated and executed.
- Engages in business development activities as it pertains to the growth of Ting Internet in efforts to secure right to enter in all multi-dwelling communities and private single family home communities.
- Researches the Ownership/Property Management of apartment complexes, office complexes, industrial, retail locations and residential Bulk HOA developments and implements a strategy to secure access and easement agreements with the Owner/Property Manager. This may include negotiating easement agreements for privately owned properties and privately owned and maintained streets.
- Leads efforts to meet stated goals and objectives to drive revenue.
- Works with Finance on ROI cases to approve projects and Network Field Operations on timing of implementation.
- Works with building and property management on setting timing expectations as well as consistent communication.
- Maintains existing relationships with Property Managers, Property Owners, Brokers, and other commercial real estate industry and residential management professionals develop relations with portfolio owners, property managers/owners/brokers.
- Sets up meetings with owners/property managers virtually with field sales support.
- Processes and negotiates access and easement agreements with Property Managers/Owners including portfolio deals for multiple projects. This will include requesting preliminary designs from construction, working with the sales team to perform a survey of the tenants in the building, present and negotiate agreements to a satisfactory conclusion that benefits the company.
- Ensures building access agreements are negotiated and maintained in Ting Internets’ best interest; leveraging Ting legal team when appropriate
- Tracking and follow-through of all projects in a timely manner to ensure a professional relationship with the Owners and Property Manager that is based on excellent customer service and integrity with the client.
- Monitors Service Level and Quality metrics of building access team on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintains contract files and ensures contracts are kept up to date. Assists in the management of accuracy of client database.
Partners with sales leaders to develop effective building lobby events to drive penetration in buildings
- Identifies and escalates system and procedural problems to management. Makes recommendations regarding potential changes.
- Recommends steps to improve efficiencies in the area of sales support, reporting, order entry, database management, building events, expansion support, renewals, automation, etc.
- Possesses strong initiative and the ability to work autonomously.
- Supports proactive expansion build initiatives by achieving targeted building access agreements in funded expansion areas.
- Provides input to Construction/Planning to identify additional opportunities for expansion of sales opportunities.
- Possesses solid understanding of structured cabling design and installation standards.
- Possesses working knowledge of commercial construction standards and print reading.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable on company products, procedures, database utilization, and policies.
- Ensures sales compliance to company policies as it pertains to building access.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in a related discipline desired
- 2 or more years of experience in an access agreement role preferred
- 5 or more years experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Experience negotiating building access agreements in commercial properties and residential multi-dwelling (MDU) environments
- CRM proficiency in either Salesforce.com, Zendesk Sell or Hubspot required.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment
What we offer:
- Salary range from 80K to 118K
- A robust group medical coverage, a generous PTO, 401K matching, stock options, paternity/maternity leave top-up, learning fund to name a few.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.