Head, Public Policy and Government Affairs
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will partner across Ting Internet to address government affairs and public policy issues at the federal, state, and local levels. In that capacity, you will represent Ting before policymakers, IT decision-makers, and government executives. You will also work collaboratively with internal business leaders to support growth and public policy objectives by addressing risks and opportunities for the business at all levels of government.
You will participate in key trade associations that are critical to advancing Ting’s public policy and business objectives. You will become familiar with all aspects of Ting’s business, and often work directly with relevant installation, sales, and support teams.
You will follow government funding programs for broadband deployment, advocate for Ting Internet and its customers in funding development efforts, and coordinate Ting Internet’s applications for government funding for broadband investment and infrastructure.
You will organize engagement between Ting Internet executives and government stakeholders to promote and advocate policy policies and benefits to public sector customers and partners.
- Experience with state lobbying, commensurate legislative, and/or executive branch experience. Or, experience representing a large company or association in the Internet/tech industry. Or, experience in government procurement, such as federal and/or state funding mechanisms and incentive programs for the development and deployment of broadband networks. Bonus points for more than one!
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing policy environment.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement for both yourself and your company.
- Excellent leadership skills, with ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously as well as work independently.
- Excellent political, analytical, and communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Significant experience working on Internet-focused technology policy issues within federal, state, and/or local government, a software or fiber Internet company, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
Salary range variable based on experience.
A robust group medical coverage, a generous PTO, 401K matching, stock options, paternity/maternity leave top-up, learning fund to name a few.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.