Sr. Outside Plant Business Analyst
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Senior Outside Plant Business Analyst for Ting Internet you will participate in the evaluation of new markets for our FTTH build. You will provide OSP architectural mentorship, high-level budgetary costing to help drive city selection and decision-making, and bring engineering expertise to the engagement process with cities, counties, utilities, and other partners.
This is a technical role with significant business development and relationship management responsibilities. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert while championing and leading the technical relationship with potential Ting Towns to ensure successful partnership and facilitation of our growth and expansion to new markets.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Establish processes and tools that allow for the quick evaluation of new markets for Ting’s FTTH builds
- Evaluate varying OSP architectures as part of new market analysis
- Attend meetings and represent Ting Fiber as the Outside Plant subject matter expert; manage the technical relationship with potential Ting Towns
- Build collaborative relationships internally and externally to drive successful engagement with cities, agencies, and other stakeholders
- Partner with the Ting Finance team to create high-level budgets for new market opportunities
- Work with the Supply Chain team to understand cost metrics as part of the analysis.
Willing to travel about 30% of the time and work across various time zones.
Experience & qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of FTTH architecture and construction
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Negotiation experience with construction contracts from first conversation to close
- Strong cost development experience a must; experience in developing construction bids is strongly preferred
- Experience working with cities (specifically public works departments, city engineers) strongly preferred
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks
- 7+ years Outside Plant and/or Construction experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with project management and/or complex negotiations
- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical, optical, or electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Industry and vendor specific knowledge is preferred
- Salary range from 99.5K to 128K
- A robust group medical coverage, a generous PTO, 401K matching, stock options, paternity/maternity leave top-up, learning fund to name a few.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.