Marketing Communications Specialist
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
The Marketing Communications Specialist -- Ting Mobile will manage the coordination, and execution of all customer base communications. Working within the Customer Lifecycle team, you will help plan, lead, manage, and initiate programs aimed at targeting the Ting Mobile customer base while maintaining and reporting on metrics and insights from these programs. Editing and writing company materials will be an important part of your job. The Marketing Communications Specialist -- Ting Mobile should have experience working with many platform tools supporting customer base management. You will collaborate with a large group of internal stakeholders while acting as the project lead, managing initiatives from start to completion. This is a 1-year contract position.
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. newsletters, blog posts, emails)
- Subject matter expert with 3rd party platforms (e.g. Drip, MailChimp, Optinmonster)
- Daily and weekly reporting on ongoing campaigns measuring results and recommend improvements
- Facilitate effective internal and external communications
- Maintain and update customer databases and lists
- Coordinate the design of promotional material and distribute in online and offline channels
- Regular reporting of customer feedback analyzing data acquired through Sales/Care teams tracking, customer surveys, inbound customer calls
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams
- Prepare presentations and reports
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist
- Experience with using marketing automation and conversion optimization software (eg. MailChimp, Drip, Optinmonster)
- Experience with using Project Management software (E.g. Wrike and Asana)
- Experience with MS Office and GSuite
- Helped to implement communications projects and strategies
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Drafting and editing materials and communications copy
- Collecting data and maintaining databases
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience working in a customer base management role
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.