Domain Order Fulfillment Agent (1 year contract)
Ascio, Enom, Hover and OpenSRS are all part of the biggest Internet company you’ve likely never heard of: Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC).
We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About the opportunity
The Domain Order Fulfillment Agent processes domain orders and order-related queries from business customers. They also provide support to other teams in the organization. Fulfillment staff work 40 hours a week between 8am – 6 pm, five days a week. This is a fast-paced and challenging role in a constantly changing environment.
The Domain Order Fulfillment Agent position requires a high level of curiosity, fast knowledge transfer and quick adaption to modifications in processes. This role specifically asks for a focus on finding solutions by means of a systematic, self-motivated and curious approach. At the same time, it calls for excellent communication skills in interactions with business customers and suppliers and a very high level of teamwork.
In early 2000, Tucows launched OpenSRS, a domain registration platform that invented the wholesale registrar business and transformed the domain industry. Today we have more than 40,000 resellers in 150 countries, and we enable web hosting companies and ISPs to manage more than 25 million domain names on behalf of their customers.
We are the largest wholesale registrar, operating under the OpenSRS, Enom and Ascio brands, and the second largest registrar globally. Over the past 20 years, we have processed hundreds of millions of transactions, managed all aspects of the domain lifecycle, and helped our resellers to simplify their businesses.
About the role
We are for someone who is eager to enter the exciting world of domain names and who, after in-house training, wants to help us provide our customers fast and reliable order fulfillment services.
- Process orders and order-related queries submitted by business customers
- Work with suppliers to complete domain orders manually, where required
- Fix issues during automated orders to make sure automated orders are processed smoothly
- Ensure domain name life cycle fulfillment by monitoring and processing domain renewals and deletions
- Supply material for internal order fulfillment knowledge base
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-sufficient and solution-focused work approach with emphasis on following through and getting things done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to adapt to change quickly and efficiently
- High knowledge-transfer ability
- Open-minded attitude and willingness to learn continuously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High internet affinity
- Able to present a friendly and professional face towards customers as well as suppliers and to work efficiently under pressure across multiple online interfaces and software
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Fluent German is desirable and any additional language skills are a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent demonstrating strong communication skills
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.