Content Marketing Specialist, Ting Mobile - 1 year Contract
Remote, Toronto, ON
12 month contract
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
- Work closely with creative team to plan blog, social and email content that educates readers about Ting Mobile and helps to achieve traffic, activation and SEO goals
- Support the development of content and copy aligned with best practices and Ting Mobile’s tone of voice
- Lead the day-to-day strategy and execution of SEO including keyword development, site optimisation, content planning and overall goal achievement
- Create and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring success and impact of SEO efforts
- Plan and execute email newsletters to educate prospects of new offers, sweepstakes, and the benefits of signing up to Ting Mobile
- Test new email copy and creative to improve conversion rate on our automated email programs
- Work with the creative team to develop and prepare promotional and advertising materials for organic social channels
- Assist social response team in efforts to grow Ting Mobile’s community across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit
- Work with the creative, legal and social response teams to execute monthly sweepstakes that help to promote Ting Mobile to new and existing prospects
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Effective time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable editing and providing constructive criticism on other people’s work
- Self-motivated & adaptable in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to collaborate and build working relationships across various work groups
- Experience and expertise in using social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience with content, social media marketing, and SEO
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.