Sr. Financial Analyst - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Ting Fiber is revolutionizing Internet access in the United States. With operations in 13 cities, Ting is currently laying the groundwork to prepare our business for rapid expansion. Ting is investing millions in building and operating fiber networks and partnering with progressive towns across the US to change what people expect from their Internet service provider. We are looking for a dedicated Sr. Financial Analyst, Fiber Decision Support to join our Finance team!
The individual will play a key part in developing and executing on short- and long-term growth strategies for our rapidly growing Ting Fiber business. Your challenge will be to identify, evaluate, and model various opportunities to improve operational efficiency and drive financial performance. You will act as an objective advisor to business partners regarding the strategic fit, structure, and overall feasibility of such opportunities.
As Sr. Financial Analyst, Fiber Decision Support, you will report to Manager of Finance, Ting Fiber, and will work closely with key stakeholders across the Ting Fiber business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial and Operational Modelling
Build and improve financial and operational models to produce concise, insightful, and analytical commentary that can assist financial and non-financial stakeholders to interpret data and facilitate decision making.
Analyze alternatives and assess risks by conducting what-if analyses on various business-driven scenarios. Anticipate and support evolving business practices by working with cross-functional teams to support decision making and drive operational improvements.
Assist with development and monitoring of key financial metrics to improve understanding of business drivers and correlation to financial results. Undertake market-by-market financial performance evaluation and work with budget owners and in-market partners to improve financial planning & analysis capabilities and overall financial performance.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 3-4 years of related finance operations, financial advisory, management consulting or FP&A experience, preferably with multi-location, SaaS or telecommunications exposure.
- Detailed understanding of financial documents, financial modelling and business valuations with a proven track record in business development.
- A creative problem-solver, who thrives in complex, ambiguous situations and prides themselves on staying one step ahead of potential issues.
- A people-person, who derives energy from working with various stakeholders across multiple teams.
- A multidisciplinary wiz with great attention to detail, who feels a deep sense of calm when they know they’ve orchestrated it such that all of the trains are running on time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills.
- CPA, CBV, MBA and/or CFA designation is an asset but not required.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.