Director of Business Operations- Remote
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We need a crucial component in our hub and spoke machine: A Director of Business Operations.
Our new Director of Business Operations will focus on national business operations and market development for Ting Internet as we continue to grow and scale. Most critically, our Director of Business Operations will work closely with our city managers and teams to ensure that Ting Towns coast-to-coast are getting the best from our brand.
With over a dozen Ting Towns in the US, our city managers are responsible for relationships with the local residents, government, real estate developers and strategic partners of all kinds. They are our eyes and ears to identify competitive challenges, assess market potential of different neighborhoods, flag operational issues, and deliver “on the ground” insights that drive our resourcing, network builds, product development and marketing efforts.
These city managers need a leader and a bridge to the central organization. They need someone who can build internal relationships..
Our ideal candidate will have experience managing a network of local operations and have proven experience operating a highly technical, highly competitive consumer service. They should also be:
- A master of process. Someone who can set up scalable systems to bring city manager insights and requests into the central team and push information and guidelines out.
- A sophisticated business person who, along with Finance, can help monitor the city-level financial health of our Ting towns and make important decisions regarding resources and investment.
- A strong decision maker. Someone who understands the business well enough and can distinguish between big and small opportunities and risks in order to arbitrate on dozens of local exceptions and fire alarms every week.
- A relationship builder. Someone who can strengthen communication and collaboration with Support, Product, Marketing, Sales, Network, Field Operations and other key internal partners.
- A tireless advocate. Someone who will give city managers a voice across the organization, keeping them inspired and engaged. Someone who understands what it is to be both local (the one who answers to an angry resident when our construction crews accidentally trample their sprinkler system) yet remote (not quite at the central table).
We have so much going for us—strong brand, great customer satisfaction, a boldly differentiated offering and a business in hypergrowth. We have a team that is forward-thinking, creative, cooperative and fired up to win. But we are still in our infancy. We need someone to help build something properly for scale.
- Establish and manage processes between city managers and central teams
- Oversee growing team of city managers around the United States
- Authorize daily decisions on local matters
- Help guide the construction planning and priorities
- Help project and drive business results across towns
- Oversee sales operations functions to size, prioritize, cost and analyze local enterprise and bulk sales opportunities
- Success in business leadership, ideally in hub and spoke
- Comfort in an entrepreneurial, highly collaborative environment
- Deep people management experience and skills
- Strong process orientation
- Knowledge of management and finance principles and practices
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.