Technical Customer Advisor, Internet - Remote (Overnight)
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
At Ting Internet, our focus is on the customer experience. This starts and ends with our customer advisors. We promise to do it by having caring, courteous and inquisitive advisors who enjoy helping customers no matter how long it takes! We are experts in all things internet, from billing to troubleshooting routing, Wi-Fi, streaming, fiber and more. We are looking for those who are skilled and passionate in these technologies.
We currently provide crazy fast internet in 9 Ting towns and have significant growth plans in both our current and new markets. We have customers and office locations in Fuquay-Varina, Holly Spring & Wake Forest NC, Centennial CO, Charlottesville VA, Fullerton & Solana Beach CA, Sandpoint ID and Westminster MD and love having Advisors who work in our local neighbourhoods!
What you'll be doing:
- Provide direct assistance to our customers (external and internal) to resolve their concerns via Voice, Email and Chat. These interactions will be both technical and business oriented.
- Own each help request, treating each customer with the utmost care, realness, integrity and timeliness.
- Document relevant details to help customers and your colleagues with future requests.
- Search our knowledge base, training materials and rely on the experience of colleagues, seniors and managers to seek solutions.
- Raise widespread issues or patterns through defined channels.
- Tailor your communications to match your customers' skill level and conversational style.
What you'll bring:
- Have strong critical thinking/troubleshooting skills allowing you to quickly & successfully resolve issues while maintaining a positive customer experience
- We are fast-paced and results-oriented - you will need to show persistence, calm and control under sometimes stressful conditions
- Are highly organized, quality-minded and able to focus on detail.
- Our most successful Advisors are warm, friendly, upbeat, put a premium on communication, establishing rapport with our customers and other employees.
- Ability to understand our customer’s needs and make sure that they have the services that fit for them - whether for existing or potential customers.
- Can collaborate and share, not only with your peers but with everyone you work with.
- Aren't afraid to ask questions and a lifelong learner when it comes to new technologies and innovations. Is eager and willing to share their knowledge with others, either through documentation, one on one interactions or group learning.
- Have a good understanding of Inter-networking including switches, routers, servers, cables, racks, Firewalls, LAN,WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, latency, Wi-Fi, etc.
Nice to have:
- IT Certifications are a plus: A+, CCNA, CCNP, Network+, MCSE, etc
- A focus on Network+ or CCNA is key
- Basic understanding of some of the following (SSL, traceroute, dig, telnet, whois, etc.)
- Experience and/or some familiarity with Cisco and Juniper hardware.
- Can communicate in Spanish
- We are a 24x7 support centre and schedules are updated monthly. Though our primary focus for this role is the Overnight shift, this may be subject to change in the future based on business needs.
- This is a work from home opportunity, so having a suitable space to work with high speed internet is required.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.