Project Manager, Enterprise (Remote)
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
- Leading Enterprise projects in multiple cities/towns: We have Ting Internet Fulfillment projects underway in many cities. You will be in charge of ensuring those projects are timely and on budget. This will involve working closely with other members of the Networks team, operations, OSP, Field, our vendor management team, support, marketing, product management and external suppliers to make sure everything is moving according to plan, and helping us tackle issues when it isn’t. The Project Manager will be in the eye of the storm.
- Assisting various construction related elements as necessary: From permits to inventory, there are a lot of areas inside each build that need tracking and process help. We need your skills to help us establish processes and systems as necessary to be successful.
- Working cross-functionally inside the organization to complete complex enterprise projects: It takes a lot of work from multiple teams to deliver outstanding enterprise internet services. You’ll assist in everything from developing project plans, evaluating and communicating project risk, establishing project timeline, handling procurements, controlling and monitoring projects plus much more.
- Acting key representative of the Enterprise department and business specialist in helping to resolve a wide variety of day-to-day tasks and issues as they arise. You’ll need to build the relationships necessary to make sure the various departments you work with can turn to you for the right information and decisions.
If you think of yourself as an excellent project manager with a desire to do more than manage one-off projects, this job is for you!
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of project management experience in construction, utilities or telecom.
- Strong program management skills. You will be encouraged to coordinate and schedule multiple long-term projects at the same time.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and vendors in projects, including resource planning, scheduling, progress tracking and reporting, and comfort with raising issues and escalating them to senior management if necessary.
- Comfort working in a “start-up” environment within a larger organization - you will be jumping into a new, upstart business. If you’re used to and only thrive in a structured, rigorous environment, this opportunity isn’t for you.
- Strong data, metrics and analysis skills.
- Strong customer focus and empathy.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to converse at both a technical and business level.
- Experience in telecom/Fiber to the Premises is definitely a plus.
- Ability to occasionally travel will be required.(once in 4-6 weeks)
- Ability to work remotely
What we offer
- Salary range from 87K to 129K
- A robust group medical coverage, a generous PTO, 401K matching, stock options, paternity/maternity leave top-up, learning fund to name a few.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.